1. Please read the instructions given in the brochure carefully before filling up the application form.
2. Online Application Form & Information Brochure (including the admission schedule along with the important dates) is available on the University website.
3.You are required to submit the application ONLINE only.
4.The application fee is Rs. 2000/-. (APPLICATION FEE IS NOT REFUNDABLE)
5.The fee is to be paid by Internet Banking / Online Payment.
6.You should complete the application form in all respects. Incomplete application will not be considered.
7.You MUST upload the following documents submitting the PhD Application.
8. You should check the Institute website for results / important announcements.
9. You should check emails sent to the email address provided in your application for all important communications and announcements.
10.Download and print dully filled application.
11. For written test/interview candidates shall bring should bring with them.
12. For any further details you may contact at 0755 – 6614400 or email at [email protected]
B. SCHEDULE OF PHD ADMISSION - APPLICATION FORM THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
Advertisement (in all leading Newspapers and on website)
Available of online application forms
Last date for submission of completed application forms
Date of Online Entrance Test
Date of Result Declaration
Date of Interview (for all Disciplines)
SAGE University Bhopal with its impeccable academia, colossal campus, leading-edge educational framework and extensive façade in the beautiful city of lakes Bhopal propound world-class setup for transforming passion into profession. With its thought-provoking learning and exceptional infrastructure, the university offers the best in class facilities for students to secure their future. Adherent to the legacy of SAGE UNIVERSITY INDORE, SAGE University Bhopal also thrives for the same goal were we make students industry-ready with world-class education to make them match the pace of this fast-moving society.
We make lives better by producing leaders of society and equipping our people with leadership qualities so they can serve our communities at every level. SAGE University Bhopal is just another feather in the cap of The SAGE Group. With the experience of over 15 years in the Education sector with Sagar Institute of Research and Technology, the conglomerate business group of Central India; The SAGE Group has introduced SAGE University Bhopal, after the massive success of SAGE University Indore.
Why Join SAGE University
(a). world-class education in research/real-world environment.
(b). Best academic set-up promoting student-driven course choice.
(c). Advice,guidance, support and mentoring for its student.
(d). Well defined academic program and assessment.
(e).Attractive Scholarships and financial support.
(f).An up-to-date framework for study, learning and research
(g).Respect & contribute to the SAGE community as well as the society
(h).Wide range of co-curricular activities to choose from with appropriate infrastructure.
(j).Highly scrutinized, clear and fair academic regulations, policies and procedures
With extensive infrastructural facilities and a sound research base, the SAGE University offers PhD programme in a wide range of areas
(6) COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
(10) ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
(13) JOURNALISM & MASS COMMUNICATIONS
(15) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
(19) CIVIL ENGINEERING
(20) POLITICAL SCIENCE
The broad objectives of the PhD programme are to contribute to expanding the frontiers of knowledge and to provide research training. The academic programme leading to the PhD degree is broad-based and involves a course credit requirement and a research project leading to thesis submission. The University also encourages research in interdisciplinary areas through a system of joint supervision and interdepartmental group activities.
A candidate for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must, at the time of application, hold M.Phil / Master’s degree with at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade of the University / Deemed University or any other University incorporated by any law for the time being in force and recognized by the University (Five percent marks will be relaxed for SC/ST and handicapped candidates) as per prevalent directions of state Govt.
A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to work for Ph D Degree in the subject/ discipline in which he/she obtained Masters Degree.
Provided that research work leading to PhD Degree may be allowed in all allied subjects of interdisciplinary nature of the same Faculty / School.
Provided further that whether a subject in which the candidate has done Masters Degree, shall be decided by the Academic Council / VC of the University.
F. ADMISSION PROCEDURE
Candidate should apply online office of the University by the date notified by the University in news paper/website.
The admission shall be made by the University, through an entrance test followed by personal interview.
PhD Entrance Test syllabus is enclosed in Annexure -I. The entrance test will consist of Multiple Choice Questions related to 50% of Research Methodology, and 50% subject-specific. There will be a total of 100 objective type questions of one mark each. No negative marking will be done for wrong answers. The duration of Entrance Test will be of 90 minutes.
The shortlisted candidates as per the merit of entrance test will be eligible for personal interview. During personal interview candidates should mention their interest in broad area of research.
Candidates who have qualified the UGC/CSIR/DST/State Level Examination SLET/NET/M.Phil shall be exempted from entrance test and will be required to present themselves for personal interview.
Registration fee, Enrollment Fee and Tuition Fee as prescribed by the University for PhD programme in any case must be paid before the submission of PhD Thesis.
Rs. 1,00,000/- per year
G. COURSE WORK
After admission to PhD program each candidate has to complete the course work successfully in the concerned School.
The Scheme of Examination for the Course work is given below.
Research Methodology and Data Analysis Tools
Discipline Specific Course
Research And Publication Ethics
Seminar / Presentation*
* Candidate needs to make two presentations to the Panel of Experts.
SECTION A: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
1. Basic Concept of Research Problem: Rationale of research, Identification of research problem, Research objective and Types of research- fundamental/ applied/ action/ quantitative/ qualitative.
2. Review of literatures: Primary source, Secondary source, Searching e- resources, using search engines, Searching data base and writing literature review.
3. Methods of Research: Concept and formulation of hypothesis, Survey method, Experimental method (variable, designs), Historical methods and Content analysis.
4. Sampling of Data: Concept of sampling, Probability sampling techniques, Non probability sampling techniques and sampling error.
5. Collection of Data: Primary data generation, Secondary data collection, Methods of data generation/ collection – by experiments, questionnaire, interview schedule, focus groups etc
6. Analysis of Data: Statistical analysis techniques, Qualitative analysis techniques Application of computer in research data analysis.
7. Report Preparation: Structure and component of research report, Organization of data, Indexing of journal and research output, Citation, references, bibliography Copyright, plagiarism and originality of research work
8. Research Ethics: Ethics in research, National and International regulations/ laws/ ethics related to research on Human, Animals and Environments.
I Agree With Privacy And Policy