The Dean of the Faculty in consultations with the Head of the Departments of that Faculty shall appoint the admission committees duly approved by the Vice Chancellor, for making the admissions in under graduate and post graduate courses, offered by the departments.
Each committee shall comprise of
The Head of the Department;
PG Coordinator of the Department;
Senior most Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in the Department; and
One member from outside the Department nominated by the Vice-Chancellor.
Powers and Duties of the Committee
- Powers and duties of the Committee shall be to select the candidates for admission to the various programs in accordance with the approved procedure.
- The detailed guidelines to be followed for the admission with regard to the dates of receiving the applications, holding the admission tests, criteria for admission, order of merit shall follow the respective ordinances and will be advertised separately.
- After verification of the original documents, if any information furnished by the candidate in admission form, on which the candidate got admission, is found to be wrong or mismatched, then his admission will be treated as cancelled and fee deposited by him will not be refunded.
- The list of admissions made, together with the waiting list, shall be put up on the notice boards / website in the stipulated period.
- Candidates with supplementary in the qualifying examinations will get the admission provisionally and if they fail to pass the qualifying examination the admission will stand cancelled.