About B.Com(Hons) in International Accounting and Finance
The B.Com (Hons) International Accounting and Finance course of Sage University has been designed in collaboration with the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), UK, to provide students with the unique opportunity to pursue their ACCA qualification in tandem with their under graduation. ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is a global professional accounting body offering the Chartered Certified Accountant qualification, effective in over 180 countries. The curriculum framework and content of this course will facilitate students to conveniently pursue a career in International Finance and Accountancy. The course enables the students to obtain substantial fundamental knowledge of subjects like Accounting, Taxation, Law, Financial Reporting, Auditing, Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Management Accounting, Finance, Business Ethics and Cost Accounting. The B.Com (Hons) International Accounting and Finance course is challenging and yet very rewarding to students with high career aspirations. The core subjects will be taught by experienced professionals from the industry as well as the profession, specialized in a relevant field.
Why should you apply for the Programme?
- a) Industry relevant and globally recognised professional qualification. Opportunity to work any anywhere in the world.
- b) The course is comprehensive – provides pragmatic skills that are necessary for a Chartered Accountant to possess.
- c) The course is accredited by ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), UK. This enables 6 papers exemption out of 9 ACCA papers. Students will be attempting 3 external exams from ACCA along with their semester exams.
- d) Opportunity to earn an international qualification along with regular university degree. Besides preparing the students to become ACCA affiliates the programme also facilitates multiple qualifications along the way with an Advanced Diploma from ACCA, UK; IFRS Certification; B.Sc (Honours) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University.
- e) As the technological and social changes continue to affect our profession, so there is an increasing emphasis on the broadening of skills that the accountant needs. f) Robust teaching pedagogy in terms of guest lectures, industry interactive sessions, seminars, presentations, webinars and case studies.
What are the eligibility criteria to join the course?
- A plus 2 / Indian School Certificate / Intermediate Certificate/Higher School Certificate/ Higher Secondary Certificate/Pre-University Course/Intermediate Public Exam • English/Mathematics/Accounts in Plus 2
What are the Learning Outcomes?
- a) A credible career path in the fast changing business world
- b) Imparts Leadership and Management skills
- c) Sustainable Management Accounting, Corporate Reporting, Strategy and innovation, Financial Management, Audit and Assurance, Stake holder Relationship Management, Governance, Risk and control
- d) The Ethics and Professional Skills module is an essential part of the ACCA Qualification and helps increase your employability and workplace effectiveness. The module uses realistic business simulations to develop a number of professional skills such as leadership, communication and business awareness
What is the Career that one could pursue?
Students can apply for jobs with reputed companies like KPMG, PwC, EY, Deloitte, Grant Thompson, American Express, Standard Chartered, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, etc for a minimum package of 4-6 lakhs.
- Accounts Manager
- Audit Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Finance Director
- Financial Analyst
- Finance Director
- Financial Controller
- Auditor & Tax Consultant
- Financial Planning andAnalysis
Compliance and Risk Manager