Research and development activities form the lifeline of a vibrant, forward-looking academic institution.
Dean R&D and Consultancy play a vital role in SUI intellectual output by providing end-to-end support, from conceptualization to incubation and commercialization, of research ideas, by
• Nurturing & maintaining environment so that faculty at SUI are able to conduct research of the highest standards..
• Facilitating the research environment includes laboratories’ basic infrastructure, equipment, and support staff; both technical and administrative.
• Hand holding and guiding researchers to liaise with (potential) funding sources so as to be able to finance their research and development activities.
• Encouraging inter-disciplinary work between researchers (within SUI) and their counterparts in other institutions.
• Enabling researchers to continue contributing to the state of the art in cutting-edge and emerging areas of general and social science, engineering, and technology
• Addressing problems faced by society and industry at a global level
• Promoting licensing, commercialization and agile processes for industry-academia partnerships are also encouraged,
• Human resource management, financial management, and procurement – coordinating and providing administrative support for research
Research activities at SUI have been growing in all metrics with respect to the quantity and quality of researches.
Apart from these activities, the Office of Dean (R & D) offers managerial support and guidance to all research and consultancy activities on the campus and maintains complete records of publication, sponsored, consultancy, and institute projects and IPs.
To nurture transformative education for creating leaders and innovators, and generate new knowledge for society and industry. We are also committed to accelerating solutions to the local and global problems.
• To generate, disseminate, and preserve knowledge to solve the economic, social and technological problems.
• To create a culture in which new ideas, innovations and research flourish, and develop leaders and innovators of tomorrow.
• To conduct cutting edge, high-impact research, generating new knowledge, and disseminate this knowledge through publications in top journals.
• To apply deep knowledge to create know how for the utilization by industry and society.
• To nurture creative thinking.
• To imbibe a culture of scientific integrity and research ethics.
• To assist faculty members with research methodologies and urge/ motivate them to consistently publish their research work.
• To encourage faculty members to initiate research projects/summer projects/internships with students, with an intention to publish their research work, to signify the importance of their project work, in order to stimulate creative thinking, motivate innovation, demonstrate and assimilate a practical or applied approach to academia.
• To promote interdisciplinary research interests.
• To encourage faculty members who seek higher education, with special guidance to enable them to register and attain a Ph.D. degree from the university’s Ph.D. programme and further pursue research in the field of their interests. To encourage research proposal writing by students and faculty members.
• To organize/co-ordinate training programs on advanced and latest topics or subjects to keep faculty members updated and informed on the emerging areas.
• To provide national and international exposure to students with conferences as platform to enhance their skills.
• To inspire unconventional, economical, industry related, and application-oriented projects for students.
We aim to frame regulations and systematize procedures to establish scope for innovative research, promote the scientific interests of the students and faculty members, and strive to achieve national and international collaborative research grants and toil to achieve distinguished recognition of the university in the field of research and development. We focus to achieve meritorious rank on national and international levels in the field of research and development.
• The science instrumentation centre, CoEs, sponsored centres from industries.
• To synergize a scholarly culture through research and creative endeavours that accelerates the phenomenon of giving back to society.
• To synergize collaborations that strengthen the expertise to build a dynamic intellectual capital.
• To initiate/stimulate research culture.
• To ensure good quality publications.
• To motivate and facilitate project submission to various funding agencies.
• To grow consultancy projects.
• To encourage to file useful patents for technology transfer to industries.
• To generate revenue by offering R&D expertise and services to the academia and industry.
• To generate revenue from commercialization from IT field.
• SUI R & D policy
SAGE University, Indore
Coordinator R & D Cell
Institute of Advance Computing
Core Member , R&D Cell
Sage University, Indore
Core Member R & D cell